I’m no longer employed because my position was eliminated, along with a bunch of others. The day this happened, I realized that traditional job searches probably wouldn’t work for me, so I began to think of a different route. That brings us to……
The ‘Hire Ed Now’ campaign!
Here I’m going to talk to you directly, one on one, about who I am, what I can do, and what I may be able to offer you. This should give you a MUCH better idea about me as a person, as a talent, and as a possible addition to your enterprises. To help out, I’ve recruited several well known figures! (uncrosses fingers)
For the first time in my adult life, I’m not tied to any job, to any location, or to any of the items that have limited me in the past.
I am certainly available for more traditional methods of interviewing and resumes tailored to these different videos are available. You can get hold of me any time at 407-900-6936 (Google talk) or via email at ed@HireEdNow.com. You can also follow my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/HireEdNow. And I’m on Twitter as BigBlueMan.
I would appreciate it if you would forward www.hireednow.com to any ‘job people’ out there! I need to get attention from as many people as possible so that I can make the necessary connections. This campaign is established in a fun way, but this is a serious topic! Let’s have a laugh or two, but ultimately I want to work! I’ve got a lot of ideas to put forth!
Before we get started, please notice that at the bottom of this page are some more ‘traditional’ resume type items, designed to give you a quick idea about me and some things I’ve been involved in. Now… to ME!
This video gives you a general idea about me, and what I see as my strong suits. I’ll go into details about some specifics in other videos.
For those of you in the presentation business, whether it be written or visual, check out the ‘home’ page of this blog. There you’ll be able to read some of my postings and see my writing style.
This video will address announcing.
Check out my broadcast website at www.elo-tv.com
This video will be about meeting/convention planning; travel related issues
This video will be about public relations; company spokesperson, etc.
OK, for the traditionalists, here is a short list of achievements, accomplishments, or reasons you should consider giving me something to do!
Stuff I’m comfortable doing
- Media presentations
- Speaking in front of people, whether it be 3 or 500
- Social media
- Web related items
- Former President of my Rotary Club. Raised $187,000 in our annual project for student loans
- Former President of my local UK Alumni Association
- Former Board member of too many organizations to mention
- ‘Recreator of the Year’ as chosen by the Hopkinsville-Christian County Recreation Department
- Former Board Member – Kentucky Association of Broadcasters
- Former Board Member & President – Community Broadcasters Association
- Negotiated with Fox & the National Association of Broadcasters to develop Class A television, signed into law by then President Bill Clinton.
- Testified before Congressional Committee on Telecommunications
- Voice over artist – The voice of ‘Knight & Hale Game Calls’ for over 15 years.
- Have coordinated trade show attendance and displays for moderate sized sales force
- Have coordinated sales meetings and board meetings
- Have coordinated from scratch industry conventions in cities as diverse as Anaheim, Las Vegas, Atlanta, Orlando and many more
- News & Information
- Kentucky Sports
- Hank Bonecutter (Owner – WJZM Radio, Clarksville, TN)
- Ron Bruno (Bruno-Goodworth Television Network, Pittsburgh, PA)
- Jim Carter (VP For Institutional Advancement, Murray State University)
- Teresa Medeiros (NY Times Best Selling Author)
- Congressman Ed Whitfield (through field representative Michael Pape)
- Professor William Turner (Retired College Professor/Christian County Historian)
- Wayne Martin (VP-Gray Television, Lexington, KY)
- Mayor Rich Liebe (Former Hopkinsville, KY mayor)
- Tommy Stacy (Director, UBS Bank – Dallas)